Our school, then named "Taipei County Sanzhi Junior High School", was founded on May 1935 by Township head Mr. Lu Gende as a place of education for students from Sanzhi and Shimen townships. In 1951, a new campus was constructed, which would serve as the campus that is used to this day. In the subsequent years, due to the hard work of former principles Huang Huoyuan, Yang Zhenshao, Li Zhenxue, Zheng Xiaojie, Wang Kezuo, Liu Qingyao, Cai Changben the school was able to lay a solid foundation and provide students a high quality place of education. In 2010, our school was renamed to its current name “Municipal Sanzhi Junior High School”. On August 1, 2017 the current principal, Mr. Huang Zhongliang, took office becoming the school’s 21st principal.
In 1992 the Sanzhi Junior High School Alumni Association was established by Ms. Li Xiangyu, being further developed by successive presidents, Mr. Liu Feilong, Mr. Liu Zhongfu, and Mr. Huang Zaichuan and current alumni president Mr. Ye Yulong. The alumni association fund was subsequently established providing scholarships to outstanding graduates as well as helping provide opportunities to disadvantaged students. The Alumni Association also plays an active role in blueprinting of the school's development, aiding in the establishment of the school history room, providing the school new equipment and helping make other great contributions to the school.
In total it has been 74 years since our school was first establish making it among the oldest in Taiwan. Currently our school hosts 18 classes, including one special education class, and a resource center. Today our school hosts over 500 students and faculty, offering the best teachers and equipment in the Sanzhi and Shimen area. With careful planning and management by our principal, as well as the continuous efforts of our teachers, we will continue to strive to create an enriching environment for our students, transforming our school into a world class learning park.